The Case for Secondary DNS
Before October 21, 2016, the prevailing wisdom was that companies could rely on one DNS provider to keep their digital presence online. But on the 21st, things changed; a DNS provider was struck by a massive DDoS attack, crippling its service and causing intermittent outages for the brands that used it.
The rules of the game changed. Today's successful digital strategies should include a secondary DNS solution capable of providing your company and customers with:
• Increased redundancy in the event of an outage
• A separate DDoS protection strategy to defeat attackers
• Ability to "hide" DNS systems from direct internet exposure
• A stronger security posture for your DNS strategy
• Having a secondary DNS service isn't about having a plan B in case your plan A fails. It's about having a smarter plan to begin with.
By clicking above, I acknowledge and agree to opting in to Single Point of Contact newsletter and product information. Single Point of Contact will not share your contact information. Your data will be kept confidential.